Wednesday, September 20, 2006

One more day of summer...

Yes, the last day of the Summer of '06 (pronounced ought-six) is tomorrow. Be sure to give it a fond fare well.

So now we enter the fall. One of my favorite seasons. It means three months until winter and Christmas. It also means early nights, which actually, I kinda like. I like being able to walk out of my office into the night or dusk. It feels moodier, makes me want to read and study and write and such. I feel more intellectually productive and stimulated. I guess that's conditioned since fall is traditionally when school and college semesters begin to get interesting. You've gotten through the intros, now you're into the meat of your courses. Ah, to be in college or graduate school at a time like this...

Wait a second! I am in graduate school in a time like this! SWEET!

Ah, all I need now is a chill in the evening air, a wood paneled library/study, a fireplace, a mug of hot tea and some Glenn Miller Band music on. (someone will call me old in 5, 4, 3, 2...)

No comments: