Friday, June 23, 2006

Sports, Medicine, and History

Sports:
The US lost to Ghana in the World Cup and we have been eliminated from the tournament. Great! Now we can get back to covering the sports that this country has embraced; Baseball, doping scandals and NFL Football (training camps start next month.)
Also enjoyed the O's 2-1 win over the visiting Nationals with the gang. Granted it was the Nats, a struggling team, but still a win is a win. Also the stadium was a sellout and we got a good wave going during the late innings.

Medicine:
Had a Dr's appointment today. (FYI, I have rheumatoid arthritis so I have to go to the Dr's every three or four months for a check-up and to have bloodwork done.) I need to lose 26 lbs. Sigh, so that's my summer project.
My relitive who was told they have cancer now does not. It was something else giving that impression during the tests. A biopsy proved otherwise. WHEW!

History:
I have a couple of irons in the fire right now for the B&O RR Historical Society. One I'll know about by July, the other two are longer range.

Busy busy busy.

No comments: