Friday, March 16, 2007

Adventures in Commuting...

This has been a trying week to be a MARC commuter here in the DC Metro Area.

Tuesday we had a brilliant person leave their bags on the Capitol Ltd, Westbound to Chicago. This was discovered and the panic button was pushed. Bomb squad, fire, dogs, etc. My train was supposed to leave DC at 6pm. We left closer to 7:15. We sat at Silver Spring for 30 to 40 mins. I got home at 9:30pm, I left work at 4:30pm. That was a fun 5 hour commute.

Today, Friday, someone screwed up. Someone screwed up badly. MARC trains were running 30 to 135 (!) minutes late into DC. I don't know the exact reason why, but it's just bloody stupid that we can run WW2 levels of traffic for 5 years and be able to handle these things but when we have much lower levels of traffic nobody can dispatch the trains properly.

So, I took METRO into work today. It's raining, it's going to turn to snow later on. ugh.

No comments: