Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Ici Chacal

Yes, it's that time of the year. The latter part of July.

Why is it "that time of the year" you may ask?

It is the time of the year when I read one of my favorite suspense novels;
The Day of the Jackal by Frederick Forsyth. I read the book during the time of the year it happens. I do the same reading schedule with The Hunt For Red October since it is divided up by days.

Read it, you'll like it. It was turned into a movie by Fred Zinneman in 1973 and done quite well.

Let's see what else is going on...
The BORHS 2007 Calendar done in tribute to West Virginia RR photographer JJ Young is selling well. I'm very pleased about that. I compiled it with the assistance of a myriad of people. I'm glad the society's investment is paying off.

I started with my new company in earnest this week. 9 hour day. That's not so great. New co-worker. That's a good thing. We'll see how things go from here.

The UMBC Gang Anniversary event is coming along well. We appear to be on track for nearly 100% attendance. I hope we can make the full 100. Usually someone has to get married for that to happen. Honestly, it would take me too much effort at the moment to arrange that.

I also have this urge to fish. I don't know why. But whiling away a day at my favorite spot at Turtle Branch Hiker Biker Overnighter on the C&O Canal seems very appealing to me. It's a nice spot. There's a group of rocks that go out into the river about 8 feet. So you're a bit away from the shore. You're also on the outside of a bend in the river. It's very pretty at sunset.

No comments: