Monday, August 11, 2008

Long days...

Well, another B&O Railroad Historical Society event has been completed and it made for another long weekend. I can't say I'm very coherent now. But I have to comment some on the wierdness that has been the weekend of August 9, 2008.

Russia vs Georgia- (Russia minus 21) I'll take Georgia with the points here. A US trained army in the mountains of the Caucasus going against the same army that never really took down the Chechens. Seriously, all they have to do is run the Fulda Gap playbook from 1982 on this one.
Is it me or does it seem the Cold War is coming back?

Truck drives off the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. This is big news in MD. The latest updates are here. Still no details about what were the sequence of events.

Bernie Mac, dead at 50. WTF? I thought he was getting better. That is a bummer.

Issac Hayes, dead at 65. Again, an unexpected death. All I have to ask is, who's the black private dick who's the sex machine to all the chicks?

We'll miss you guys.


Oh, and the answer to that question, it's Shaft.

Damn Right.

No comments: