Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hello trusted friend...

Have you ever had one of those moments where you're cleaning up your room or in my case...library that I also happen to sleep in...and come across a book you really liked but hadn't thought about in a while?

You pick it up and you're like, "HEY! I remember this! This is a great book!" And you think about how much fun you had reading it and start reading it again and wind up staying up until 2am to finish it in one sitting.

I did that recently with "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card. I guess it's triggered a 29 year crisis for me because I'm rallying hard back to the Civil War and a lot of books that I've missed because I started doing railroad history stuff.

I was also recommended "To Conquer Hell: The Meuse-Argonne, 1918" by my great uncle. My great great uncle served in the 79th Division during this campaign. I've started reading it and found it to be quite good so far.

No comments: