Thursday, June 08, 2006

New York City...

Monday afternoon I took Amtrak from DC to NYC for an EPA Conference in lower Manhattan. I have returned this evening.

As I was working I didn't get to spend a lot of time sightseeing, but I did take some time Tuesday to walk around town.

Monday was spent getting into the hotel, getting dinner in Tribeca and then sleeping off my kinked up back. I had a bad seat on the way up. OW!

Tuesday was work followed by a walk down Broadway to Wall street. I saw Wall St. Kinda underwhelming. It's better if they paid Michael Douglas and Charlie Sheen to re-enact scenes from the movies of the same name there for ambiance.

After Wall St. I turned to walk to the WTC site. I got there and saw the pit. If the real estate wasn't so valuable I'd say let it be. Every kid in the US needs to see it as it appears now. A hole, no a wound in the city. I went by Co 10 and saw the plaque to the men lost there. They were one of the first on the scene as they were across the street from WTC itself. I have to admit I almost broke down crying in the street there. I walked around the three sides of the site that are accessible and then went up Greenwich to Tribeca again for dinner. I had another excellent meal (sautee'd clams over linguine). Then back to the hotel. I watched the Red Sox blow it against the Yanks. Dammit!

Wednesday was work and then the train home. Better ride down. But a late night. Again, I am so very very tired.

No comments: